OLTOA will gladly come to your location for customized staff training, ACA workshop or outdoor
programs. We have experience building courses for professional guide services, universities,
organizations, camps, and scout leaders.
Sometimes managers are unsure of exactly what trainings would be most beneficial, but they have a good understanding of what their challenges are. We can listen to your challenges and offer recommendations.
- How Does It Work?
- Give us a call for a free consultation. We can help you evaluate training needs based on staffing numbers, experience, development needs, your program offerings, insurance and certification requirements, and desired training outcome. We'll help you determine the best training options for your individual needs.
- We'll also include a customized training proposal, including a rough outline, time frames, and other resources. You decide if it is a good fit for your company. We can look at alternative options or provide more information and pricing levels for your desired training program. We can also provide reminders to your staff when it's time to renew or re-certify and offer other instructor resource information for staying motivated and up-to-date.
- How Much Will It Cost?
- Pricing varies greatly based on length of program, number of trainers needed, and training location. We can provide complete pricing options with a proposal. We understand that many outdoor programs are suffering from budget cuts and will do our best to look at creative solutions to keep training costs affordable.
- Do I Need To Be Certified?
- We are often asked if certification is required to teach outdoor programs. The answer is: Sometimes. To offer national-standard programs (like ACA or LNT), you must have staff certified to do so. Certification may also be required as part of a company's standards protocols, insurance requirements, or to obtain or maintain certification in other organizations (like the AEE). Some states also have their own licensure requirements for specific outdoor activities. Regardless of what is required, we strongly recommend best-practices, including certified staff. Having certified staff is beneficial to providing the best experience to your customers and keeping your company current with many industry standards.
- We offer ACA Instructor Certification programming for Canoe, SUP and Coastal Kayak as part of training options. We also help evaluate which certifications are most beneficial for you.
We will gladly assist in long-term planning for staff training needs and providing support to your staff. Contact us to find out how we can work together to meet your goals.